March 13, 2010

The Dress......

Ok so it took a few weeks but I’m finally there. The Lily Dress is born & totally Princess Bella Approved. Whew!!!!! Easy enough pattern, basic really. So what’s been the hold up I here you ask! Well! It’s the shirring. I don’t know if any of you have given this a go or are experts in the field but as for me I’d never really done any fabric shirring before….and it’s not really all that difficult but what is difficult is the damn sewing machine. Sooooo temperamental arrrrggggghhhhh!!!!! So Google got a massive hit but still to no avail. So I headed off for some expert advice but still; Nothing. So sorry I’d hear them say, most sewing machines just don’t like shirring fabric these days. Grrrrrr!!! Not the answer I’m looking for.
Well I don’t have a modern sewing machine & I’m not about to pass her in just because of some shirring issues & I refuse to give in that easily. I knew it had something to do with the tension & bingo…..Success at last. On my old machine with a front loading bobbin, I set the tension to 6 & the stitch length to 4. It also seems to work with the tension all the way up to 9. YAY!!!
And so here we have the end result & we are happy, happy, happy












0 comments:

Post a Comment